Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013

A couple of Loompanics books today.

Jim Hogshire: Opium for the Masses
 - I have no real interest in Opium, but I saw some lovely Poppy plants at a nursery.  I wanted to be doubly sure I wasn't opening myself up to legal trouble if I planted them.  As it turns out the object of my affections is NOT opiate bearing and I can plant without fear.

Harold S. Long: How to Collect Illegal Debts

 - Ironically, the latter book describes many of the same ideas as the last parenting book I read.  Primarily the concepts on establishing authority and responding vigorously to rebellion and disrespect.  Fun times.

Robert A. Heinlen: Columbus Was a Dope
 - This one is fantastic.  It's a rehash of the "If men were meant to fly, they'd have wings!" argument about the impossibility of space travel.  The characters are a bartender and a couple of Joes, (spoiler) in a bar on the moon (/spoiler).

No comments:

Post a Comment